30 Apr Spaghetti with Mushrooms and Almonds
Spaghetti in mushrooms and almonds is a quick, easy and flavorful dish that you can relish anytime.
It is a culinary work of simplicity that which screams authentic Italian Cuisine and never fails to indulge. A very easy and comforting recipe this one takes just a few minutes.
A milder version of a spaghetti dish without any heavy cheese nor fancy colorful cream sauce, , this one is not only light but is absolutely classic and resonates to the sensibilities of a spaghetti or a pasta lover .
Simple to cook with just bare minimum ingredients from your pantry,mushrooms and almonds come together to give depth to its flavor ,aided by fresh herbs. I have used basil and thyme, but you are free to choose whatever herbs you like. Dried herbs is also fine
The almonds and milk blend together to create a paste that go into the spaghetti and gives a nice balance of thickness and flavor. You can go ahead and make a creamier ,thin sauce as well by adding cream and slightly more milk to it, but mostly I love it as a dry version , with the sauce barely coating the spaghetti ,and letting the mushrooms lead the show .
- Spaghetti 1 pack
- Mushrooms ¼cup
- Chilli flakes 1 tsp
- chopped garlic 1 tbsp
- Milk ¼ cup to ½ cup( depending on the desired consistency)
- basil and thyme 2 tbsp
- salt as desired
- black pepper powder as desired
- Cream 2 tbsp (optional)
- Boil the pack of spaghetti as per instructions and keep aside
- Blend the almonds and milk and keep aside.You can add cream for a creamier version
- In a deep pan , add oil and add the chopped garlic.
- Add mushrooms, salt, herbs,black pepper powder and saute .
- Now add the almond paste,stir and add the spaghetti
- Adjust salt, mix until the spaghetti is mixed with the mushrooms and coated with the almond sauce
- Add additional herbs and chilli flakes and take it off the flame