07 Feb Egg and Cheese muffins
Posted at 18:03h in Appetizers Soups and Salads, Cakes,Muffins and Brownies, Global Cuisine 0 Comments
An illusion of a muffin created from your basic breakfast ingredients ;bread, cheese and egg..
More then a muffin, these gorgeous muffin shaped morsels are actually an ensemble or a assemble of just a few things. Baking them gives a new twist making it immensely interesting for a morning breakfast. For a busy day or when there is sheer lack of time ,these beautiful beauties come in handy and will attract anybody, toddlers and adults both. For the toddlers these can be their favorite breakfast meal. Fast and portable is another synonym that typifies these egg bites.
All you need is just simple ingredients that which are generally a part of your regular breakfast routine. Arrange them and bake them for over a minute. What you get is an absolute wonder of a breakfast meal . Cheesy, healthy and yummy and fulfilling of course
- Plz Note: There is no said formula about the ratio of ingredients here that goes into a perfect muffin. You can make your own ratios and change the quantities by increasing the veggies or meat or cheese. Totally up to you to decide what suits you
Gorgeous looking, the egg and cheese works in tandem to create magic on the veggies and the meat if you choose to add. In hindsight , I think they are just Fritatas converted into egg muffins.. What you choose to add is your prerogative. Ham/ Sausages/ Cheese/ veggies/ egg whatever you add will only enhance the taste. Of course your idea of what goes best with egg and cheese will help make it a great breakfast option..Although I didn’t use any meat, I think ham / salami / would do justice to the muffins if you add them along with veggies . If you want, you could even skip the bread and just stick to the ingredients that make up a fritata..
Whatever you choose to add or skip, you cant fail in this one. What you will get in hand is surely going to uplift your cooking skills or tricks that I say. These are more then skills, in fact they are tips that you should keep in hand as emergency or spring a surprise on a dull morning..that warms up the atmosphere with smiles.And for kids, I bet this would be a fuss free meal and require no amount of pampering .. The shape and the visual appeal scores high enough for them to disappear within minutes. So, for those warm smiles and sunny mornings , these are your perfectly sized eggy bites that are sure to evoke a peaceful and happy morning, with feelings of awe and wonder.
Egg and Cheese muffins
An easy breakfast recipe egg and cheese muffins are quick and easy to make and carry in lunch boxes. They are made with your regular breakfast ingredients of eggs, bread and cheese and are absolutely gorgeous
Author: Indrani Sarma
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Grated cheese-1/2 cup
- Parsley- few
- Bread slices(optional)-2
- ham/salami/sausages-1/2 cup
- Veggis(mix of tomatoes ,onions, bell peppers, zucchini,spinach)- 1 cup
- Black pepper powder- a pinch
- Milk/cream- ¼th cup
- Make a egg batter with the eggs, black pepper powder, salt, parsley and little milk/ cream. Keep it aside
- Take a bowl and chop the veggies and mix them with little salt. You could also ad oregano and thyme other spices here
- Chop the bread slices in a round shape as much a sit requires to fill in the cups
- Chop the ham/salami into small pieces
- Take the muffin cups, grease them with olive oil or butter and start filling in
- Take a round slice of bread and push it at the bottom. Now add a layer of ham/ salami followed by a layer of veggies and topped with grated cheese
- Pour the egg batter on top in a way that it percolates down and cover up the ingredients
- Put them in the microwave for just about 2 minutes until done and until the top is browned
- If using the baking process, then you will need to bake them for about 20 minutes under 180 degrees until firm and browned