03 May Spaggetti with broccoli pesto sauce
I love pesto sauce..be with pasta or with my meat..Pesto esp with chicken just feels so wonderful and irresistible.And i dont have a story today to complement my dish..Its just that i have been wanting to make a pasta dish with pesto for a long long time..pesto with brocolli that is..And finally i managed to find out time to surprise myself with this wonderful perfect looking spagetti dish..
Olive oil- 1 tbsp
Brocoli- 1 small head
Almonds- 1/3rd cup
Milk(optional)- 1/4 cup
Parmesan- 1 cup grated
Cream(optional)- 1/4th cupMethod:
- Boil the spagetti as per the packet instructions and keep aside with some oil
- In a medium saucepan, cook broccoli in boiling water 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and cool.
- In a food processor or blender, combine broccoli, garlic, almonds, oil and basil(if using). Process until coarsely chopped. Add cheese; process until well mixed.
- Another alternative is to boil this sauce slightly with cream and milk to give a rich taste.That is what I did
- Mix in the the cooked spagetti with the sauce and serve with grated parmesan cheese if desired