01 Jan Arabic Chicken Pulao
This is a mild recipe cooked with special flavorings-spices. All these impart a lovely aroma to the rice.A very comforting one pot meal for the family. The medley of spices gives out a scintillating aroma, enough to make you hungry. The juices of the chicken percolates into the rice to give out a succulent distinct flavor. A winner all the way, try this out with a basic Chicken curry.
All in all the gravy with the pulao is a delicious comforting meal on a moody day to lift you spirits.Either for Eid celebrations or otherwise this is a delicious and a warm comforting meal.
- 250 gms Chicken pieces
- 2 cups White Basmati Rice(tea cup)
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 black cardamoms
- 6 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 star anise
- 2 green chillis chopped
- few coriander leaves(chopped)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 big onion sliced uniformly
- 1 small tomato
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cups hot water(or as required per the exact quantity of rice used) -for the rice
- In a pan add the cardamoms, cinnamon,cloves, star anise. When they darken a bit, add the onions and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chillis and chopped coriander.
- Fry and add the tomato and keep frying.
- Add the chicken and stir fry till chicken is opaque and add two
- cups of water.
- Add salt at this stage and bring to a boil
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook under low flame for about 15 mins
- if using the pressure cooker, close the lid and cook the chicken till 80% done
- Open once the chicken is 80% done
- Add the rice and water according to to the amount that would be required to cook the rice.
- Bring to a boil and lower the flame and cook till rice is done,
- For the pressure cooker method, close the lid and cook as per instructions for cooking rice.
- One whistle on high flame followed by 5 minutes on low flame.
- Let it release pressure on its own.
The flavor of the whole spices is what gives its unique taste,