06 Feb Eggless chocolate cake with a pudding sauce
An extension of my earlier post, this one is eggless and actually can be had as a regular cake.
I just tried making it with a pudding sauce.Otherwise its an absolute wonder of a regular eggless chocolate cake. Like i mentioned before, when it comes to eggless cakes, there are varied ways to make them and hence different types of cakes, with just plain hot watre, with condensed milk or with yoghurt. Many use different combination to make cakes and all of them are equally delicious. With eggs, its a classic taste, perfect in texture and flavour, but with eggless u need to hit the right combination of the ingredients that replaces the eggs which confirms the resultant outcome of tastse,
This one is a combination of yoghurt water and milk which I found on the net (dont remember the site though), although my mom makes one with just yoghurt, and no water.That equally good too.Wl post that sometime later, for now its this onen which gives out big smiles . And with ist sauce it creates magic,and esp during this chilly weather a warm dessert that it glorifies itself as .
1 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking pow
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup oil/butter
1/2 cup cold milk
2 tbsp beaten yoghurt
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
For the chocolate sauce
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp cocoa
1/4th cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
- Mix oil and hot water and blend well. now mix the milk, powdered sugar.beat well and add the vanila essence.
- Add the beaten yoghurt.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda and mix this with the wet ingredients
- Mix and see that there are no lumps
- preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tray
- Now pour the chocolate sauce over the batter. Dont worry about the sauce blending into the batter since on getting baked teh sauce will settle at the bottom giving a beautiful look of a cake with a pudding at the bottom
- Bake it for 35 to 40 min at 180 degree
- Remove and serve with a scoop of vanila icecream