20 May Baked fish with soy sauce and veggies
A baked dish with a chinese twist..Absolutely familiar taste with a distinct unique taste.Beautiful in terms of visual appeal, outstanding in terms of taste and flavor, the aroma of the soy and the ginger garlic overbearing.
Although a very simple take on the chinese style of treatment, yet I was surprised to see this as a fancy recipe dished up in one of the cookery shows on fox traveller .The host places herself in an exotic location, and took us to her gourmet kitchen and presented this dish as unique and exquisite to that country.On checking the list of ingredients ,it represented a beautiful chinese style of dish, but by using the technique of baking then the chinese mode of stir fry.
I used some of my own ingredients and arrived at a fantastic, quick and easy recipe, which is an absolutely gorgeous versatile dish
Fish- 3 peices
Red and Yellow Bell peppers- slit lengthwise
Onion -1 sliced
Spring onions- 2
Soysauce- 1/4th cup
vinegar -1 tbsp
honey 1 tsp
Salt- as per taste
garlic- 2 pods chopped
ginger juveniles- few
sesame oil- 1 tbsp
cornstartch 1 tsp
water as required
- Take a silver foil and place the fish fillets, soy sauce, spring onions, garlic, ginger juveniles, salt, oil, vinegar,honey,red and yellow bell peppers and wrap it tight
- Bake it ina preheated over under 200 degrees for about 15 -20 minutes
- Open , serve and relish with some chinese rice, noodles or some asian greens
- You could also create some extra sauce pouring the marinade in a deep pan under low flame. Add a mix of water-cornstartch and let it thicken.
- Pour over the fish and serve
Isnt that quick?I think this is one of the most beautiful homemade dishes made easy.Absolutely fuss free and quick, this succulent moist fish dipped in the chinese sauces is a pure delight.
A familiar taste ,the mode of cooking is the highlight here. Technically even stir frying would give us this awesome taste but I guess its just an easier way out with the baking method,plus less oil of course!!!